Unilever Human Resources Specialist in Covington, Tennessee
Background & Purpose of the Job
As the Human Resources Specialist to our hourly population, you will execute the full HR agenda for the manufacturing unit, ensuring a seamless delivery of operational services and solutions. This is a hands-on role in which you will support and coach line managers on all HR related tasks while delivering the long-term HR strategy. That includes leadership development, performance management, employee engagement, and talent / skills development. You will participate in ensuring that Unilever’s HR processes for talent reviews, recruitment, compensation and benefits, among other items, are effectively implemented and executed.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
• Deliver HR operational support to employees, while working with the HR Manager to provide strategic direction to address business issues and manage change agenda.
• Partner with line managers on complex employee relations issues, providing advice and guidance in seeking resolution, policy interpretation and employee advocacy.
• Conduct investigations including write-ups, legal conversations, and counseling.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all key HR Tools, systems and processes.
• Support the delivery of, and the compliance with, Unilever HR policies, processes and local employment legislation for all employees.
• Own delivery and administration of all HR transactions not provided by third party.
• Interface with HR service provider to ensure delivery of core HR services to the business, monitoring quality and timeliness of service provision.
• Manage escalation of HR support issues through to resolution while maintaining effective communication with all affected stakeholders. Act as liaison between front line managers and 3rd party HR support.
• Maintain, coordinate, monitor and report HR trends and issues within scope of work.
• Coordinate and keep up to date the on-boarding process with safety and operation teams.
• Demonstrate awareness of, utilize, and keep up to date on available resources to deliver business objectives
•You’re a strategy guru:Ability to manage project/project teams from inception to completion, hitting deadlines and documenting progress.
•You’re a teacher:In partnership with the Training Supervisor, guide and support Supervisors in the fundamentals of learning needs and skill gap analyses and provides guidance on the range of learning interventions available.
•You’re a changemaker:Ability to work both independently and proactively. You have experience with change management as well as coaching of line managers.
•You’re a paradox navigator:Must have a strong understanding of and be able to apply key HR expertise areas to ensure effective business diagnosis and delivery.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
• Must have solid experience in HR operations with a minimum of 3-5 years, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Preferred background includes experience with compensation, employee relations, general benefits, and employee coaching.
• Flexible, curious and down to earth personality with a true passion for HR.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
• Ability to continuously seek improvements in HR polices and evaluate current processes for increased efficiencies.
• Experience navigating and using an HRIS system, such as Workday or similar.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Must take accountability for job responsibilities and complete tasks accurately and completely.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
• Must be able to travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
• Must be able to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.
• Familiarity with national and local legislation.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Covington-Covington -2000 Highway 51 Nth
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Dec-08-2018
Req ID: 18000G8E