Unilever Associate Content Manager, Consumer Market Insights in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Unilever has been creating content for more than a hundred years. We have many successes to our credit and a great line up of brands and businesses for which we create content. Today, the world of content is more dynamic than ever, with shifts in technology and consumer attitudes bringing in a new age of content creation. This is a world of content creation beyond the traditional models and new ecosystem of content, where content is paid for and chosen.
There is also a consumer shift – our consumer today does not want to be a passive recipient of content. He/she wants to partner in creating, serving and customizing it – or at least engage in discussion of content.
At Unilever, the Content Centre of Excellence (CoE) aims to give consumers just that. We bring in the consumer at the heart of every stage of the content creation process, to help our marketers make informed decisions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Consumer Market Insights (CMI) CoE team. If you have a passion for creative content and bringing our consumers into the content creation journey with you, then this is the job for you.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a story teller: who appreciates great stories/story arcs and can determine elements of a winning story. You are passionate about creating and telling great brand stories.
You’re a dot connector: who can work in cross-functional teams and bring disparate pieces of work together to build winning content insights. You are collaborative and develop true partnerships.
You’re a changemaker: who has a ‘can do/will do attitude’ and will work closely with your category and brand teams to step change how Unilever creates, tests and disseminates content.
Embedded within the category/brand teams in North America, this position will be key in shaping and informing Unilever on how and where to win with content across all touchpoints.
The Content CoE works:
· Across TVC and Digital Content Creation, including in-store and KV testing
· Across the full cycle of Content Creation – Qualitative and Quantitative
· Across both Seek and Interrupt Content
The Content CoE will add value above and beyond this to grow functional excellence through the following initiatives:
· External orientation, landscape and competitor analysis
· Category and hotspot analysis
· Support full-cycle content creation across methodologies as detailed above
· Build understanding of brands and provide CMI point of view and provocation, particularly upstream, before content is actually created or evaluated
· Lead a workstream on a particular topic, channel or issue for the Content CoE on behalf of Unilever
· Be the point of contact for the CoE and a bridge to the wider content network to land best practice thinking on briefs
· Proactively partner and support the business and CMI Business Partner Interface roles to unlock opportunities for great content. Be the point of contact for the larger content team and vice versa
· Gain expertise in content related tools and support the upskilling of business partners to ensure they are making full use of these tools
· Create and support landing of best practices for content creation; gain stakeholder engagement and support
· Support initiatives outside of project work to unlock growth opportunities that lead to excellent content creation
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Unilever is looking for three buckets of skill that will be advantages for this role:
I. Foundational Communication Development
· An appreciation of advertisement development process and TVC and Digital Testing
· Machine Learning (preferred but not mandatory)
II. Channel Specific Interests (and ideally experience)
· Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat
III. Cultural Grounding
· Deep knowledge of Country/Culture
· Interest or knowledge of Subcultures - e.g., Generation S, Millennials, etc.
In future, we expect that the CoE will work with exciting new technologies like Virtual Reality, Machine Learning, User Generated Content. So, any interest in the above would be great.
Additionally, candidates should be:
· Comfortable working as part of a virtual and highly global content team, with a remote line manager
· Examples of driving transformational action within the business through landing points
· Able to simplify complex topics and present a compelling story to influence stakeholders
· A team player; accountable and open-minded, who likes to work in rapid and agile way
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Dec-01-2018
Req ID: 18000F5G